We provide legal and tax assistance to Italian and international clients operating in the telecommunications, media and technology, digital innovation, e-commerce, and online advertising sectors.
We provide legal and tax assistance to Italian and international clients operating in the telecommunications, media and technology, digital innovation, e-commerce, and online advertising sectors, with a particular focus on national, EU and international regulatory developments.
We provide this assistance both through our TMT and Data Protection department and through a multidisciplinary team of professionals specialising in several areas of law (Corporate and M&A, Commercial Law, Criminal Law, Labour Law, Intellectual Property, Tax Advisory and Tax Compliance). Through this synergy we are able to offer highly innovative and customised solutions, and to understand the sector business models, the opportunities as well as the legal and tax issues related to technological evolution and to the processing of personal data.
The Firm’s integrated and multidisciplinary approach offers a high level of pricing flexibility and efficiency. This allows it to offer pricing options that reflect each client’s needs and characteristics, as well as innovative remuneration options, especially in the case of start-ups.
Examples of some of our services are set out below:
- Tailor-made legal and tax assistance for innovative start-ups and SMEs;
- Assistance in internet, online publishing, advertising, telecommunications, copyright, e-commerce, information technology, media, and outsourcing;
- Assistance to telcos in regulatory matters under Italian and European legislation on the management of electronic communication networks and services;
- Legal and tax assistance for the creation and management of mobile applications and web portals for online business activities (e-commerce, online marketing, distribution of video and music content, etc.);
- Drafting of legal documents and general conditions of use for websites, digital platforms, and mobile applications;
- Drafting of B2B and B2C commercial contracts for websites, digital platforms, and mobile applications;
- Legal and tax assistance to support media marketing services and programmatic advertising operators;
- Legal and tax to television broadcasters;
- Legal and tax assistance to data centres, including drafting and negotiating IT contracts, carrier contracts, colocation/housing contracts, hosting contracts, cloud services, IT service outsourcing contracts, etc;
- Legal and tax assistance for copyright and intellectual property protection (licence agreements, software development, SLAs);
- Advice on specific international taxation issues (permanent establishment, regulation of royalties, direct and indirect taxation of e-commerce, etc.);
- Assistance with customs duties in the context of online transactions;
- Legal assistance in relation to unfair competition and unfair commercial practices;
- Assistance with smart working;
- Advising on Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions mainly involving companies active in the media, telecommunications, new technologies and internet sectors;
- Advising on start-ups, leveraged buyouts (LBOs), secondary purchases, management buy-outs (MBOs) and AIM listings;
- Legal and fiscal assistance in the field of Blockchain, Non-Fungible Token (NFT) and Smart Contract;
- Assistance on legal issues related to the development, implementation and use of Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things systems.
The TMT and Data Protection department has also received important acknowledgements from leading national and international legal directories that have recognized the high profile of the assistance and services provided by the Firm to its clients.